An Indian curriculum with an international flavour
Our curriculum, delivered through thematic and project-based learning, is designed to encourage independent critical thought and foster inquiry, exploration, creativity and experimentation.
An integrated approach to teaching and learning provides meaningful experiences and establishes cross-curricular links. In order to enhance the acquisition of skills in languages, science, mathematics, social studies, art, music, physical education and health learning here is structured across three areas:
The programme is strengthened through the addition of dance and theatre.
Why choose the Indian curriculum – ICSE?
At our ICSE schools in India, students benefit from a highly supportive system which encourages them to strive to reach their full, individual potential. The Indian curricula we offer gives the students of all abilities and aptitudes the chance to achieve their very best in a broad range of subjects
The CISCE open exciting doors for GEMS students. Indian universities are closely interlinked with these secondary school systems. This means that successful students have a golden ticket to India's best higher education establishments.
The Indian curriculum is also rapidly gaining recognition and respect worldwide. We're very proud of our students from GEMS Indian curriculum schools, many of whom have been extremely successful in qualifying for places at prestigious international universities.
Focus: culture & opportunity
Our Indian curriculum schools celebrate Indian culture and values. Teachers and families share a common belief that a good education is a passport to life’s opportunities.
GEMS Education teaches the Indian curriculum to an outstanding level all over the world, offering great value education and a world of opportunity to students including expats and NRI families.
Apart from the above, our curriculum also aims to:
- ACE (Activities for Curriculum Enrichment) clubs and activities through our day boarding school
- Develop reflective learning practices for students to assess and understand their strengths and work on other areas to support self-learning and personal development
- Emphasise skill development to offer preparation for life after school
- Plan for individual educational needs and aspirations
- Provide opportunities to connect globally with the GEMS network of schools to facilitate collaborative learning
- Engage students to address real-world problems and lead change in issues important to humanity
Key features of a GEMS Modern Academy:
- Low student-teacher ratio and individual attention
- Stimulated learning environment
- ACE programme
- Theatre in education
- Continuous professional development
- Integration of ICT in the curriculum
- Sound pastoral care
- Parental Engagement programme